I was recently asked to do a cooking demo for a group of Laurels. ( will take place next week) I'm flattered, and slightly nervous. What should I demonstrate for them? any thoughts? My niece has made a few requests, but I feel like I should actually make a few things. So far this is what we have lined up. Keep in mind The time is a little limited slighlty.

1. Salsa
2. Rice - I make a concoction of Spanish\Risotto rice.
3. Firecracker Shrimp - these are spicy little shrimp that get grilled and go nicely on top of the rice

What else? I was thinking of making a cream based soup to go in a bread bowl - its getting to be that time of year

Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated.


most memorable "cooking demo" for me???

Shirlyn Frost demonstrated how to make cinnamon rolls.

I've never forgotten it.


October 5, 2009 at 11:25 PM  

oh..also loved making pumpkin pie with my miamaids! one pie for each girl. Tons of time cooking all those pies.

other suggestions:

popcorn balls

October 5, 2009 at 11:28 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home